Connect With an Advocate

An advocate is someone that can listen and help you feel supported, as well as guide you to other resources for more help.
Tippecanoe County has many agencies with trained advocates, available to you at no cost.

Lafayette Crisis Center: Rape Survivor Advocates
Phone: 211 or (765)742-0244.  
When you call, a trained volunteer will assess the situation and contact the advocate on-call.
The advocate will then call you and make arrangements to meet at the hospital, police station, courthouse, or Crisis Center; or, you can just talk to the volunteer-on-duty.  

Male and female advocates are available.

At the Hospital: An advocate can be called for you.

Victim Advocate from Bauer Family Resources & Lafayette Police Dept.
Phone: (765)807-1208 (office)
            (765)427-9977 (on-call phone)

Available 24hrs for victims of crime in Tippecanoe County, whether or not they required police intervention or pursued criminal charges. 
An advocate can meet you at your home, a public location, Lafayette Police Department, or Bauer Family Resource Community Center.  
If you need assistance with transportation to appointments, please call at least 24 hours in advance to schedule with the Victim Advocate.

Services Include
  • Crisis Intervention and supportive services
  • Accompaniments
  • Information and Referrals
  • Assistance with filing for Violent Crime Compensation Fund
  • Assist with emergency situations
  • Transportation to referrals
  • Assist with transition to Tippecanoe County Prosecutor’s Office Victim Assistance Program

YWCA Greater Lafayette: Domestic Violence Program (DVIPP)
Hotline (24hr): (765)423-1118 or (888)345-1118
Walk-In (M-F, 9am-4pm): 604 North 6th Street, Lafayette, IN.
Advocates are available to help someone who has experienced sexual or domestic violence of any kind (sexual, physical, emotional, financial, etc).
You can also receive help with a protective order

If you call, tell the hotline operator that you would like to speak to a trained sexual abuse advocate, and they will have someone call you back, usually within 30 minutes. 
An advocate can also meet you at the hospital, doctor/dentist office, counseling office, school, church, police station, or the courthouse.

Long-Term Care Ombudsman
Phone: (800)382-7581 or (765)423-5327.

This advocate serves any adult living in a long-term care facility, such as a nursing home, assisted living facility, residential care facility, group home, rest home, etc.

Tippecanoe County Prosecutor: Victims Assistance Program
Phone: (765)423-9305 or (877)-749-9111.
The advocates through the Prosecutor's Office are for anyone in Tippecanoe County who has been the victim of a crime, for which criminal charges have been filed.

The victim advocate will get in touch with 
you once criminal charges are filed by the prosecutor.